I had to develop a recipe this evening for a firm who has recruited me so I can’t blog about our dinner. But I had coconut cream left over from the last Jamie Oliver meal and I wanted to use it. I had an email from a fellow blogger and went to look at her blog and lo and behold there was a coconut pie. I looked no further. I found this on the Dish-away blog. It took quite a bit longer to cook than in the recipe and it’s important to cool it completely or it’s too soft to handle. The coconut banana flavours were very tasty though.
This is not a low Fodmap recipe.
- 100 grams butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 mashed bananas
- Microwave the butter for 30 seconds, or melt it in a pan on the oven top.
- Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Beat the eggs well, then add the melted butter and beat until fully incorporated. Add the sugar, beat well. Add all the other ingredients and well.
- Spread the batter into a greased and 25cm diameter floured pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425°F (225°C) for 1 hour. Cover the top with tin foil if it is getting too brown.
- It's best to let it cool so it sets well. Then serve it straight from the dish.