As you know, we had ravioli made from wonton wrappers for dinner the other night but I had 8 left over and decided to continue the new tradition around here of making our own nibbles to go with a glass of wine on Saturday night. I mixed together cooked spinach and cream cheese for the filling and made the wrappers into agnolotti. I then fried them quickly in olive oil. I can assure you they were far superior to the usual bag of crisps. I did overfill them a little so the filling oozed out a bit while I was folding them over and pinching them shut. But it meant they were good and plump. I am in love with these wrappers and you will see me use them again in various different ways. I think I love them as much as chocolate – well almost.
This recipe is not low Fodmap.
- 10 wonton wrappers
- 150g frozen spinach - defrosted
- 100g cream cheese
- lemon juice to taste
- Salt & pepper
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Place the spinach, cream cheese, lemon juice and seasoning in a food processor and blend well.
- Cut a circle from each wrapper using a glass as a guide. Use as much of the wrapper as possible.
- Place a small amount of filling to one side of each wonton wrapper.
- Brush a little beaten egg around the edge of each one.
- Fold one side over and close by pressing with a fork all the way around.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and place the agnolotti in it.
- Once browned, turn over and brown on the other side.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and serve.