As usual, on Sunday I bake the healthy morning tea for the week. I decided to combine some of my favourite granola bar ingredients and make them into cookies rather than bars. Pure semantics, I know, but a girl needs a change once in a while. Adriano and Dario have come to expect the baking containers to be full. Last week we ran out before the end of the week so this time I made quite a few cookies but several have already been eaten so maybe I should have tripled the recipe. These took all of ten minutes to throw together and they looked cooked after about ten minutes but, as I have said, my oven is whacky and they could take longer in yours.
This recipe is not low Fodmap.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ½ cup chocolate drops
- ¾ dried cranberries
- 1½ tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- Heat the oven to 200°C/350°F.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls onto baking paper on an oven tray.
- Bake 10--15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the tray so they firm up.