I had leftover meat from a chicken I roasted last night, and the vege tray in the fridge was full of vegetables so I invented a simple Asian-style salad that could include the chicken. Make it a little bit ahead of time so the chicken can soak up the dressing. It won’t wilt the veges because there is no lettuce or anything similar. I had baked bread yesterday so that was put on the table and we had ourselves a feast.
I have realized that I put too much sweet food on this blog and I am going to rectify that. You would think that was all we ate, which simply isn’t true or I would be the size of a bus. Part of my freelancing is that I take photos for food bloggers who don’t have the time and/or skills to take them themselves, which means I am usually making other people’s recipes for dinner. Hence the lack of dinner recipes here. But I am sure I can work out a way to sort that. Watch this space.
- Cooked chicken
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek - green part only
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red chilli
- 2.5cm/1" piece of fresh ginger
- Cut all the vegetables into matchsticks including the chilli and ginger.
- Pull the chicken apart into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix it all together in a bowl.
- Mix a few teaspoons of each ingredient together at a time and adjust for taste. The soya will give enough salt so there's no need to add more.