On Sunday I had friends around for lunch and I made this delicious bread and butter pudding cake that I found HERE. Even though I am okay with some lactose and wheat, you may not be so I have translated it into a low Fodmap version. It is so simple to make that it is worth keeping this one in your repertoire of delicious recipes.
Bread and Butter Pudding Cake
- 150 gms golden raisins
- 170 gms dried cranberries
- 80 gms butter
- 450 gms low Fodmap bread
- 8 eggs
- 600 mls lactose-free cream
- 1 cup lactose-free milk
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 150C. Grease and line a 23cm springform cake pan with baking paper. Line a baking tray with paper towel. Put cake pan on prepared tray. Combine raisins and cranberries in a large bowl. Slice the bread and spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Line base of cake pan with bread, butter side down. Sprinkle a half of the fruit mix over brioche. Top with another layer of bread and fruit. Repeat once more, finishing with a layer of bread.
- Whisk eggs, cream, milk, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Slowly pour egg mixture over pudding, allowing it to seep in. Stand for 30 minutes. A small amount of liquid will drizzle from cake pan and be absorbed by paper towel. Discard paper towel and rinse tray. Replace cake pan on tray.
- Bake pudding for 75 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre. Stand for 15 minutes. Release clamp on cake pan and transfer pudding to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.