This morning I forgot about choosing a recipe and giving a shopping list to Adriano. I can blame it on a heap of things but it’s probably more simple than excuses. I just plain forgot. I do this four mornings a week and this morning I didn’t. Anyway, I received a very brief email from Adriano half way through the day. It said, “Food?” I panicked and said chicken wraps. I listed chicken, tomatoes, salad and avocado for him to buy. That’s what he bought. No wraps. We argued on the way home in the car as to who was the more stupid – me for not including it on the list or him for not realising that wraps were a fundamental ingredient in chicken wraps. Neither of us convinced the other. We stopped at a supermarket and bought the wraps. Here is the super-simple recipe.
This recipe is not low Fodmap.
- Chicken breasts
- Tomatoes - sliced
- Lettuce - broken up
- Avocado - sliced
- Garlic mayonnaise
- Cut the chicken into thin fillets, roll them in flour, dip them in egg and cover in breadcrumbs mixed with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chicken in oil.
- Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients.
- Heat the wraps for about 1 minute in the microwave.
- Prepare wraps by placing a line of each of the ingredients along one edge, squirt with garlic mayonnaise, then wrap them up tightly.
- Cut in half and feed the hungry lions at the table.