Chicken Panzanella Salad
Author: Suzanne Perazzini
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes - cut up
- 1 avocado – diced or scoop out lumps with a small spoon
- 3 spring onions - sliced up
- Yellow pepper – diced
- 2 sticks of celery – sliced up small
- Parsley, chopped – not too finely
- A handful of green salad leaves
- 100g feta cheese – crumbled
- 1 loaf ciabatta or thick toast bread
- 1 red chilli – chopped up small
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Turn the oven on to 350°F/180°C.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and cook in a pan or on a grill with a little olive oil. Season after the heat has sealed them so they don’t lose too much liquid.
- Cube the bread and place on an oven tray and bake 15 minutes. You could drizzle them with olive oil but the dressing will do the job.
- Once the chicken is cooked, cut it up and let it cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Chop and dice the vegetables as instructed in the ingredients.
- Place in a large bowl together with the feta.
- Add the croutons and chicken.
- Mix the last 6 ingredients with a whisk and serve with the salad as a thick dressing