My next video answers a question I get a lot and have answered here on my blog a while ago. The video expands on what I wrote. What alternatives can I use for forbidden high Fodmap foods that are staples of many recipes?
I will be continuing to create videos on IBS and the low Fodmap diet. If you want to be notified when I upload them, you can subscribe to my channel HERE.
I had 2 part packets of quinoa left over for some reason so I created this recipe to use it all up. This is a pretty complete meal all in one dish so I actually didn’t make anything else and there was plenty for the 3 of us with some left over for lunch. The patties stayed together really well and kept their shape, which is what I like to happen with patties, though they don’t always behave.
- 1.25 cups quinoa
- 1 leek (green part only)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 200gms/7 oz feta
- 100gms/3.5oz spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups dry breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions.
- Finely chop the leek, spinach and herbs. Put into a bowl.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Dice the feta and add.
- Make sure the water has cooked off the quinoa and that it is relatively dry.
- Add to the mixture with the breadcrumbs.
- Break in the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well.
- Form into patties and fry in a little oil until browned on both sides.
- Makes 18 patties.