Mexican food is one of my favourite cuisines and I will eat it in any form but not so Adriano. We haven’t had tacos for a long time and tonight I remembered why. He has trouble with biting into something which breaks apart and falls all over his plate. I do understand that not wanting to struggle with your food thing but it’s all about getting into the spirit of the food you are eating and going on a journey with it. Well, something like that. These tacos were very tasty but it took a while to figure out how to consume them with a minimum of fallout. I found this recipe or something similar on Spicie Foodie but I can’t find it any longer on her site. However, she is one of my favourite food bloggers so do go have a look here at her fabulous photos and delicious recipes.
This is not a low Fodmap recipe.
- 2 chorizo sausages - sliced
- 3 potatoes
- 1 onion - chopped
- Chillies - sliced finely
- Tomatoes - diced
- Coriander - chopped
- Avocado - diced
- Garlic - crushed
- Cut up the potatoes into small squares and fry in oil.
- In a separate pan, fry the cut up chorizo and onion. Mix together with the potatoes. Season.
- Cut up the ingredients for the salsa and squeeze a little lemon over it. Mix.
- Heat the taco shells in the microwave for 40 seconds.
- Fill with the warm mixture and top with salsa and a little sour cream if you like.