I am still on a wraps track since I have more packs to use but I couldn’t do the same thing again or I would get bored with myself. So I flicked around the web a bit and saw the classic Mexican meal of refried beans and mince meat in tortillas with enchilada sauce or something similar. I have made stacks of tortillas before with cheese, ham and tomatoes so why not with the usual Mexican suspects. This is the result.
This is not a low Fodmap recipe.
- 1 x 400g can of refried beans
- 500g mince meat
- Mexican spices
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 250°F/180°C
- Fry the mincemeat in a little olive oil.
- When browned, add some Mexican spice and fry a little then add some water and sprinkle with a little flour to thicken the sauce.
- Heat the tortillas in a dry hot frying pan on both sides.
- Heat refried beans in the microwave for 1½ minutes.
- Place two tortillas onto baking paper on an oven tray and spread the refried beans over them. Top with the mince meat.
- Place another tortilla on top of each one.
- Spread the enchilada sauce evenly on top of the tortilla.
- Chop up the tomatoes finely and place on top of the sauce.
- Scatter the cheese over everything.
- Place the oven tray into the preheated oven and cook about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.