So tonight we did get to have the teriyaki chicken burgers and they were worth the wait. Once I had made up the burger mix, I thought it was way too wet but persevered and they set beautifully once in the pan. I guess it was the egg which held them together. Lightly toasting the bread on a grill made them nice and crunchy against the soft burger.
This is not a low Fodmap recipe.
- 500g minced chicken
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- cheese sliced
- ciabatta bread sliced
- In a bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients and form burgers the shape of your bread.
- Fry them in a little oil until cooked.
- Meanwhile butter the sliced bread and place cheese slices on top of half of them.
- Place those slices of bread on a grilling pan to create nicely toasted lines and to soften the cheese a little.
- Assemble the burgers with the tomatoes and lettuce and grill the other half of the bread and place on top.