Here is another recipe from my cookbook, “The Low FODMAP 6-Week Plan and Cookbook”. It is available from all good book stores and online through many different outlets.
Packed with tuna and crunchy, low-FODMAP vegetables, this pasta salad is another quick weeknight meal. Substitute salmon or any other canned fish for the tuna or use another type of mature cheese in place of the Brie. You can have up to a quarter of this recipe per serving. Leftovers make great lunches or dinners for the following day.
- 2 cups low Fodmap pasta
- 6.5oz/185gms canned tuna (in spring water), broken up
- 4.4oz/125gms brie, roughly chopped
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 5 radishes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 10 snow peas
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (garlic and onion-free)
- Juice of ½ orange
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente and drain. Run cold water through to cool it down. Place in a serving bowl.
- Drain the tuna and add to the bowl.
- Add the brie, walnuts and vegetables to the bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the orange and lemon juices and season to taste.
- Spoon over the salad and mix gently to coat all the ingredients.