There was just Adriano and me tonight so I decided to do a left-over dinner, which always feels great. It clears out the fridge so I can start afresh. I asked Adriano to buy a ciabatta and I filled it with roast beef, tomato slices, avocado, salsa from last night, horseradish, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce and water cress. I made him two other sandwiches with cut bread because I knew 1/2 a ciabatta loaf would not be enough and, in fact, he ate the lot.
I’ll be back to a Jamie Oliver 30-minute meal tomorrow night and it will be Pregnant Jool’s Pasta. It looks like something I might finally be able to make in 30 minutes. I will let you know.
- 1 Ciabatta
- 4 or 5 thick slices of roast beef
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Horseradish sauce
- A few tbsp of salsa
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Salt & Pepper
- Butter (optional)
- Cut the loaf in half and slather one side with horseradish sauce.
- Layer the beef, tomato slices and avocado slices. Season.
- Place the greens on top and finish off with the salsa.
- Place the other side on top and cut in half.