First, a disclaimer – I take no responsibility for any increase in your weight if you indulge in these. These are not particularly healthy but they contain no gluten. My sister, Janet, and I visit our mother once a fortnight and we alternate taking the goodies for morning tea. My mother is trying to stay gluten-free so I went roaming around my favourite food blogs and came across these at Cravings of a Lunatic. I guess you could even eat these for breakfast since they are full of cereal. By the way, that slightly pink hue in the bars is because the marshmallows were a mix of white and pink.
- FOR THE BASE:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 400 gram bag of marshmallows
- 1 box (11z/311g) of coco pops cereal
- FOR THE ICING:
- 1 cup of nutella
- 1 cup of milk chocolate, chopped up
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large microwaveable bowl, combine butter and marshmallows and cook for about 2 minutes. Check it every 30 seconds. Every microwave is a bit different.
- Remove and stir until smooth.
- Pour in cereal.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a well-greased parchment lined pan.
- Smooth out with a spoon. Good tip here is to spray you spoon with non-stick spray. That way you can smooth the mixture without it sticking the spoon.
- Set aside.
- Combine all the icing ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
- Pop it in the microwave and cook for about 30 seconds until all melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour over top of the base.
- Let cool.
- Eat at your own risk.