These mini loaves are actually quite big but Adriano eats two at a sitting. I struggle through one and often chop them in half. Talk about envious! There is no way I can eat what I want. To stay the same weight, I have to watch every single thing that goes in my mouth. I am finished at the table in 5-10 minutes. Adriano is eating for half an hour. Maybe I should take up mountain biking. But then again, maybe not. He often comes back with scrapes and wounds that surpass those of rugby players and boxers. I am tired of the sheets being covered in drying blood. But wrapping one’s wounds is not manly and they have to breathe. But all over the sheets?
My life today is at 180° from where it was only a month ago. The only headaches I get now are when I have spent more than 12 hours at the computer with only a few breaks, and that’s so my fault. Otherwise, life is good. I walked along the beach today as I do everyday and I realised that I was happy and at peace. There has been so much sadness and stress in my life in the last seven years that I had forgotten what it felt like. Long may it continue.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 medium potato boiled and mashed
- 57gms/2 oz melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white rice flour
- ⅓ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Heat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- In a food processor, blend the banana, potato, butter and almond essence.
- Add the eggs and blend again.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Add the berries and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into mini loaf tins and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool before eating but eat them fresh.
This is a reminder that the communal e-cookbook, Winter Soups, with 52 recipes by 52 real food contributors is only at the sale price if $3.97 for a few more days. Then it goes to it’s normal price if $9.97. Read more about it here.