My son and husband needed to pick up a new motorbike at 8pm so I had to cook fast since I didn’t get off my exercycle until 7pm and I was glad I had chosen this for tonight.
- Fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 Garlic clove - chopped
- 1 brown onion - chopped
- Lemon rind - finely grated
- Herbs - I used coriander
- Sheets of puff pastry
- Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil until clear.
- Steam the spinach a little and add to the above.
- Add in the herbs, ricotta and rind.
- Oil an oven tray and place the sheets of puff pastry on it, then divide the mixture between them. I made two of these for us three. Leave a border of about 3cm all round and then fold the pastry up and over the mixture leaving the middle with no pastry covering.
- Cook for 20 minutes in a hot oven until browned.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
- I had some left-over chicken from last night so I threw that in too but it wasn't in the original recipe.
Source of recipe: Women’s Weekly Great Casual Food.