Tonight I made part of one of Jamie Oliver’s 30-Minute Meals and it only took about 10 minutes because the instructions were to put all the ingredients onto a wooden board and to chop them all up together. Meanwhile the bread is put in the oven to warm up. We had some shaved ham in the fridge so I threw that in – you might be able to see it in the photo – but that’s not in his original recipe. I also made a coleslaw from cabbage, red onion, zucchini and carrots dressed with oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, red chili and coriander.
This is a good hearty meal with an excellent combination of flavours and a really quick dinner. What’s not to like?
Recipe: Stuffed Focaccia
- Put the focaccia into the oven to warm for around 15 minutes.
- Put the jarred peppers, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, the red chilli, tomatoes and cornichons on a chopping board.
- Pick the leaves from the mint.
- Finely slice the chilli, then chop and slice all the filling ingredients together on the board and sweep into a bowl.
- Add a lug of extra virgin olive oil, squeeze over the juice of the lemon, then scrunch and mix together with your hands.
- Take the focaccia out of the oven. Carefully halve it across the middle with a sharp serrated bread knife and open it like a book.
- Spread the pickle filling over the bottom half, drizzle over any juices left behind in the bowl, and finely grate over a good layer of Parmesan.
- Put the top on the sandwich and take it to the table.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4