My new cookbook, Low Fodmap Snacks, has been out for a few weeks but I have been so busy with a new project that I haven’t really officially announced it. I tell you about it in the video. You can go HERE to read more about it and to purchase either the PDF or the hard copy from Amazon.
This is a simple salad for a lazy night. If you have leftover chicken and/or boiled potatoes, it’s even better. It is fresh and wholesome and also feels like something special with the addition of the prawns. You could always add various other vegetables like grated carrot, chopped zucchini and celery or radishes. I actually bought the prawns raw and cooked them in a little butter but it would be simpler to buy them cooked. I always leave the tails on because they look so pretty but Dario tells me off. I guess his generation like an easy life!
- 300gms/10.5oz shredded chicken
- 3 boiled potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- Small bag of baby spinach leaves
- Homemade mayonnaise
- 150gms/5.3oz cooked prawns
- 3 boiled eggs, mashed
- Chop up the 2 peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop up the potatoes.
- Mix the chicken, potatoes, spinach and peppers together with the mayonnaise.
- Toss the prawns over the top and finish with the mashed eggs,
- Serve cold.