Adriano is away racing somewhere down south and won’t be back until Sunday but I still have to cook for Dario and me but I decided to keep it simple. I don’t use quinoa very often because it is so expensive here – around $10 for a small packet which is enough to serve four. But it is a super food for those on a low FODMAP diet and will slide down without an issue. I added a whole lot of low FODMAP vegetables and topped it all with toasted pinenuts and dressed it with a simple vinaigrette, which could have a garlic-infused oil in it for a little extra punch.
What I actually did when I cooked the quinoa, though it is optional, was to cook a teaspoon of cumin, coriander powder and salt in a little oil before adding the quinoa and toasting it a bit before adding the water. That added a lovely exotic flavour to the dish.
Do you remember the giveaway for the $500 Amazon card here? A winner has been chosen and it is Rachel M, a very thrilled viewer who has already gone shopping. Thank you to all of you who entered.
- Quinoa (I used a white, black and red mixture)
- Corn (freshly cooked and cut off the cob)
- Leeks (green part only)
- Fresh oregano
- Red bell pepper
- Pine nuts
- Vinaigrette dressing
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet.
- Cool completely.
- Chop up the vegetables into small chunks.
- Chop the oregano finely.
- Toast the pine nuts.
- Mix everything together.
- Dress with a vinaigrette made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Add a little mustard if you are fine with that.
- This salad will keep fresh in the fridge for a few days.