Risotto is labour intensive to make because you can’t leave the saucepan until it is completely cooked and that’s about 30 minutes. The liquid gets added a little at a time and must be absorbed before adding the next lot. Having said that, it’s not hard at all to create something quite delicious.
This is not a low Fodmap recipe.
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 slices of bacon cut up small
- 2 leeks sliced thinly
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- ¾ cup Parmesan
- ½ small pot of plain yoghurt
- Salt and pepper
- Fry the bacon in a little oil until crisp and add leeks. Cook until softened.
- Add rice and toast a little.
- Pour in the wine and cook until it is burned off.
- Start adding stock 1 cup at a time and once absorbed, add another until the rice is cooked.
- A few minutes before the rice is cooked, add the peas.
- Remove from heat and add yoghurt and Parmesan.
- Season if necessary but the stock might be enough.