It seems that every night I have to chop onions for whatever recipe I choose so some time ago I found the solution for the crying like a baby thing. I use swimming goggles to block the fumes. I keep them in the kitchen drawer alongside the thin surgeon’s gloves I use to chop up chillies so that they don’t make me cry too when I rub my eyes. I must look rather stupid in goggles and gloves while I cook but it saves my mascara. Tonight’s dish can be eaten with rice, couscous or wrapped in tortillas. We went the tortilla route and I included salad leaves along with the chicken mixture to create a pleasant crunch.
This recipe is not low Fodmap.
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 chillies - chopped finely
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 400g can of condensed tomato soup
- ¼ cup of water
- Chopped coriander
- Chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Heat some oil and cook onion, garlic and chillies until onion is clear.
- Add cumin and paprika and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in soup, coriander and water and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add sliced chicken and cook 10 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with rice, couscous or tortillas.