I found this recipe on Framed Cooks. It looked so simple but I was worried about cooking it for my Italian husband because cream and tomato don’t really equate to a typical pasta sauce. But I took a deep breath and dove in. It takes no longer than the time it takes to heat the water and cook the pasta.
This recipe is not low Fodmap.
- Olive oil
- 500g/17.6oz mince meat
- 1 Onion - chopped up
- A can of chopped tomatoes (420gms/14.8oz)
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- Pasta - penne
- Cook the pasta as normal.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown mince together with the onion.
- Add tomatoes, cream and tomato paste, simmer 10 minutes.
- Season and add to cooked pasta in a big bowl.
- Add grated Parmesan at the table.