I had a completely different dinner planned but then saw a tomato tart on Spicie Foodie and was inspired to make one too. I didn’t have any roasted tomatoes like hers but I had tomatoes, salami, cheese and the ingredients to make a parsley pesto as well as some frozen puff pastry so I went home from work and created a yummy tart from what I had in the fridge. In the weekend I bought a mini processor and it made the pesto in a second. How did I live without it until now? The tart tasted really good.
This is not a low Fodmap recipe.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 3 tomatoes
- 200g salami
- Edam cheese
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt & pepper
- Turn the oven to 180°C/350°F. Oil a 23cm flan dish.
- Defrost the pastry and line the dish with the sheets.
- Layer in the sliced tomatoes and salami until the base is covered. Season the tomato and sprinkle over fresh thyme leaves.
- Place slices of cheese on top at regular intervals.
- Make the pesto: place garlic, pine nuts, parsley, Parmesan and olive oil in a food processor and grind until fine.
- Put dabs of pesto on the cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook until the pastry is browned - about 15 minutes.